Wednesday, December 14, 2016

InspireHerAction: My Interview w/ Gabriella Alvarez

"Enjoy the Little Things in Life"


Interview Segments (3mins )

1: Gabriella Alvarez 

2: Family Household + Schooling 

3: Our Mother 

4: College+ Career

5: Thoughts on the American Dream & Birth of Children




Our interviewee is my eldest sister Gabriella! Gabriella was kind enough to share and give us a glimpse into her life! It was a pleasure hearing my sister's prespective on motherhood. We cover the struggles of growing up in a single parent household.  How living in another country compared to Life in the United States.       Dealing with the passing of our mother.  Definition of & what it takes to attain the American Dream. Life as a Married Women & The Birth of her children.  

Gabriella Alvarez was born December 14th 1989. A mother of 2. Older Sister & someone I admire and respect. Gabriella embodies the progressive women. Gabriella is an accomplished Style/Image consultant, graduated scholar, wife & loving mother to Rome & Julius.   I am truly blessed to have had my sister in my life & now am an uncle to 2 babies. This project covered several topics that can seem like insurmountable obstacles. Remember, life is filled with up's & down's. Take time to appreciate your family.   The oral history is intended to ensure that memories, dreams fulfilled, dreams lost, & anything in between is kept relevant and documented.  Make the time to stop & appreciate all the good around you. Once my interview was completed I got the perspective I was seeking. Hearing these accounts from Gabriella remind me why chose her for this interview. I wanted to share and possibly inspire any mother's out there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment