Tuesday, December 6, 2016

In the Life of Yuk Man Kwan

- Jackey Liao

         I interviewed my mother because there is no woman in my life who deserves to have her story heard more than her. She has been there for me all my life and I love listening to her stories because it gives me a slice of how she was when she was my age. The questions I had for my mother are focused on how it was for her to move from China to America in her 20's and how that transition might have affected her. She has always been a woman of short words but to get an interview with her at all was really important to me and I appreciate her taking time out to sit down with me in front of a camera to tell her story.


Below is the full video. The parts have been segmented by links.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
        Part one focuses on my mom coming to America from China and how it was like finding a job.
 
 
 
 

 
 
        Part two, we talk about how her life was in the workplace as an Asian American and how difficult it was trying to make a living. 
 
 
 
 
 
        In part three we talk about how her life was trying to take care of her kids while balancing school and work.
 
 
 
 
 
Part four, we close out the interview with her life right now and wisdom she would like to impart. 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment