Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Life of Belen

By: Yasmine Missaoui

I interviewed my friend Belen Parra. We used to go to high school together, and now we go to college together and we are really good friends. I think she has an interesting story and viewpoint on many things that relate to what we’re learning about in class. This interview focus's on Belens’s experience as a Mexican American woman living in the Bay Area.

Table of contents:
Part 1: Visiting Mexico/ Experience Growing up in the Bay Area
Part 2: Opinion on Gentrification 
Part 3: Comparing Mexico to Bay Area/ Immigration 
Part 4: Presidential Election / Racism

Part 1: Visiting Mexico/ Experience Growing up in the Bay Area


In this part of the interview Belen talks about her time visiting Mexico, and growing up in the U.S. and in the San Francisco Bay Area. Belen’s family is from Nayrait, country wise and her father is from Zacatecas, and her mother is from Ixtlan Deal Rio.




Part 2: Opinion on Gentrification

In this part of the Interview Belen talks about Gentrification in the Bay Area, and her opinion on what steps the city should take to solve this issue.



Part 3: Comparing Mexico to Bay Area/ Immigration 

In this part of the Interview Belen talks about her views on immigration, the american dream, and compares her life in the bay area to her trip visiting Nayrait.



Part 4: Presidential Election / Racism

In this part of the interview Belen shares her opinion the presidential election, specifically what Donald Trump says about Mexicans living in America, as well as if she has ever experienced racism in her life. 



Conclusion: 

I am really glad I chose her to be my interviewee for this project because even though we are friends, I never had the opportunity to ask her these types of questions before, so I am really glad I got to ask her these questions and get to know her better than I did before. I loved learning more about what it is like to be living life in her shoes and what she has to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment