Wednesday, December 7, 2016

One In A Million: Maria Therry


Contents:

1. Introduction and Family background
2. Daily Life
3. Plans, Goals and Career
4. Women in our Family 
5. Citizenship







My Grandma, also known as Grandma Wita to friends, family and acquaintances, is 88 years old and one of the most caring, sincere, creative and accepting people i know. She raised four children and kept a beautiful home. I hadn't known much of her history or background and this was a chance for me to get to know her on a more personal level as well as learn about the history of my Latino roots. I chose to name my project "One In A Million" because it expresses who she is as a person, as well as her experience with immigrating to the United States. 



            Introduction and family background


-Here my grandma introduces herself and her family.


                                Daily Life


-My Grandma has alway loved to learn new things so it doesn't surprise me that she loved school. She loved to volunteer at my cousins Elementary school when he was young.It was funny to see all the connection she had, like her godmother was the principal of her school!

                                                 

                                 Plans, Goals and Career


My Grandma talk about how her parents were not the type to force you to do anything so she had time to decide on a career and when she was ready they helped her get into a great school.
               



                                                Women in our family


Here i learned that my Great Great Grandma was an opera singer! I also had no idea that i had some French in me. My grandmother also talks about her mother, father and her community in the following clip.



Citizenship
-My Grandma talks about her experience with obtaining citizenship and how long it took her to receive it.




No comments:

Post a Comment